Par anglais03 le 17 Septembre 2014 à 14:06
Scotland's Really Big Vote: Can Women Join St. Andrews Golf Club?
Par anglais03 le 7 Septembre 2014 à 22:49
One Woman, Many Surprises: Pacifist Muslim, British Spy, WWII Hero
No Tiara, No Problem: 'Rejected Princesses' Have Stories Worth Telling
Par anglais03 le 25 Juin 2014 à 10:56
The Sociology of Sorry
Par anglais03 le 6 Mai 2014 à 10:20
Women make up less than 20 percent of those serving in Congress, but more than half the population. There are many reasons for this, but one simple answer comes back again and again. It's about recruiting.
When got the call, she thought it was a joke. The call came from a man she had worked to help get elected.
Par anglais03 le 12 Avril 2014 à 16:06
Parliament opens its doors for the first time to allow
the shooting of a film starring Meryl Streep
" Parliament opens its doors for Suffragette film"
+ other videos on suffragettes on the same page
General elections in India
Par anglais03 le 1 Avril 2014 à 17:21
Par anglais03 le 22 Mars 2014 à 13:00
Confessions of a slacker dad: why being a 50/50 parent is overratedPrince William changes nappies, Simon Cowell gushes about his newborn – men are keener than ever to prove they are doing at least half the parenting. When did being a father get so complicated?By Alex Bilmes
Par anglais03 le 15 Mars 2014 à 18:24
Commence par une vidéo de Malala...
puis, "Lesson plans and resources"
Une mine de documents(slideshows, articles, vidéos) et de liens,
des idées de débats, exemple :
Student Opinion Questions
- Do Parents Have Different Hopes and Standards for Their Sons Than for Their Daughters?
- Is School Designed More for Girls Than Boys?
- Is There Too Much Pressure on Girls to Have ‘Perfect’ Bodies?
- How Much Pressure Do Boys Face to Have the Perfect Body?
- Do Photoshopped Images Make You Feel Bad About Your Own Looks?
- Is It O.K. for Men and Boys to Comment on Women and Girls on the Street?
- What Should We Do to Fight Sexual Violence Against Young Women?
- How Do You Feel About Rihanna and Chris Brown Getting Back Together?
- Do Fraternities Promote Misogyny?
- Why Aren’t There More Girls in Leadership Roles?
- Why Aren’t More Girls Choosing to Pursue Careers in Math and Science?
- Should Women Be Allowed to Fight on the Front Lines Alongside Men?
- Do You Believe in Equal Rights for Women and Men?
- Are Women Better at Compromising and Collaborating?
- Do Boys Have Less Intense Friendships Than Girls?
Des mots croisés, etc...
Par anglais03 le 7 Mars 2014 à 19:33
THE TELEGRAPH :
NATIONAL PARK SERVICE ;PLACES WHERE WOMEN MADE HISTORY
Par anglais03 le 3 Mars 2014 à 08:57
FROM HISTORY TO "HER STORY"?
MARCH 8th IS INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY
(Possible task! possible debate !)
TIME MAGAZINE PHOTO GALLERY WITH COMMENTS :
Angela Davis (SOURCE : HULTON ARCHIVE / GETTY IMAGE)
Powerful Women on Time
Mary Wollstonecraft : Wikipedia click on picture
What was it like to be a woman in the Victorian age ? Play the game on BBC
(capture d'écran )
Great speeches: Emmeline Pankhurst
Liens vers le site officiel INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY.COM et les ressources!
CO: HILLARY CLINTON (3 years ago)
transcript + CO bac (corrigé)
March is Women's History Month in the USA !
Who was Rosie the Riveter?
February 28, 2014
Cartoon: Mrs Merkel Meets Her Majesty
The German Chancellor Angela Merkel was given the red-carpet treatment on her one-day visit to London, addressing both Houses of Parliament in the Royal Gallery of the Palace of Westminster and taking tea with the Queen at Buckingham Palace, prompting one German reporter to remark that she was being received as "the Queen of Europe". See video >>
The cartoon by Paul Thomas from the Daily Express shows the Queen welcoming Mrs Merkel to Buckingham Palace. The Queen's husband, Prince Philip (aka the Duke of Edinburgh) stands nearby with a gag tied around his mouth.
Prince Philip is renowned for making verbal gaffes or clangers (see here for a 'best of'), so the Queen has gagged him to avoid him making any embarassing or offensive remarks to their important German visitor (like mentioning the war!)
Actually, Prince Philip is a member of the House of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg, a German ducal house, so he should feel at home with Frau Merkel.
THANKS TO JEFFREY HILL!
Mise à jour :
Par anglais03 le 11 Février 2014 à 21:26
Par anglais03 le 11 Février 2014 à 20:14
Aiming toys at just boys or girls hurts economy - minister